Sunday, January 26, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

My weekend plans are always much more ambitious than they turn out to be. On Friday, I have these visions of being a weekend warrior--a machine--that conquers deep cleaning, clutter and to-do lists. And on Sunday night I find myself looking back wondering where the time went. 

I did get a few things knocked off my to-do list, however.
  • Embarrassingly, we took down our Christmas decorations. At least it isn't February yet.
  • I hung up a bunch of the baby's clothes in his closet. 
  • A few loads of laundry were tackled.
  • I made a chicken in the crock pot today so that we can enjoy it for lunches this week.
  • Some vacuuming and dusting was accomplished.
  • I took a nap.
  • I bought groceries on Saturday. 
Scott snowboarded both yesterday and today and I must admit, I feel a little jealous that my board is in storage for the season. It's for the good of the little one, though. Saturday night, we went out for Mexican food, so I did join the land of the living (and get out of sweat pants) at least once. 

I'm not sure what the "nesting" instinct feels like, but I think I may be starting to feel it a bit. My mind is constantly going over the things I need to get done before baby arrives and I feel a strong pull toward cleaning and organizing. 

This week I'm looking forward to lunch with girlfriends and to my doctor's appointment on Friday. Here's wishing you all a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment