Thursday, September 22, 2011

Work it



















On the catwalk, on the catwalk...


Or should I say, next to the catwalk?

That's where my sister and I sat for Omaha Fashion Week (OFW) this year. Front row, baby. This was our second OFW show--we attended the Spring show together earlier this year.

The weather was perfect. I was able to wear a vintage long-sleeved blouse I'd been hoping to wear, since the weather was so mild. (I was hoping it wouldn't be too hot, as I'm a major sweater!) Unfortunately we didn't take any full-length outfit shots. I paired my top with a navy pencil skirt and navy, suede platform pumps. My sister's dress is a nude, lace one-shoulder mini dress. It was adorable.

Omaha is home to a pool of amazingly-talented designers. There were about a dozen designers showing collections on the night we attended, which was the finale.



























































I was also told that Mondo Guerra, from season eight of Project Runway, was in attendance. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see him. Love that show.

When the show was over, we headed to Roja, a great Mexican restaurant for reverse happy hour. There's nothing like nachos and a margarita to wash down 4 hours of watching models strut their stuff on the catwalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment