Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Airplanes and animals



















I can't believe tomorrow is already Wednesday. This week is flying.

I wanted to share a few snapshots from our weekend. We stayed busy with Scott's parents visiting us for a trip to the zoo and to a local air show--I really enjoyed both.

























I have officially declared tomorrow Weigh-in Wednesday. Why? Because I have got to start being accountable for this weight I gained after moving and starting a new job (a year ago!). I have been ultra un-motivated lately. Does anyone else struggle with this? Of course they do, they're human.

My plan is to begin writing Weigh-in Wednesday posts each week to stay accountable with my progress as it relates to healthy living, eating and exercise.

It's time to do something. My body is feeling totally "eh." And so is my mind. The spring has been missing from my step for quite a while.

My plan? Eating right, keeping a food journal and MOVING more. The old, time-tested method of burning off more calories than I take in. I don't believe in crash diets or shortcuts.

You can follow my progress here. I plan to share the good, the bad and of course, the ugly. My goal is to not only motivate myself, but others who may be reading this blog. After all, there is strength in numbers. Surround yourself with others who share and respect your lifestyle, struggles and goals.

I'm getting excited for the weekend. My husband and I are hosting a little get-together at our home. Drinks, appetizers and fire-pit time. I have a few things to get prepared, but other than that, we like to keep things laid back, so I'm not stressing the details too much.

To end this post with a little dry humor--my favorite type--I leave you with a quote from the beloved Jack Handey.

"If when you die you get a choice between pie heaven and regular heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick but if not mmmboy." -Jack Handey

I hope you're having a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment