Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Simple Valentine's Day Wreath

This tutorial is for a simple Valentine's Day Wreath. Personally, I enjoy Valentine's Day, but I find some of the wreaths and decorations out there to be a bit cheesy. I like this wreath because it's simple and makes a great transition between my winter/Christmas decor and The Day of Love. (Sorry if that made you gag a bit)

Simple Valentine's Day Wreath

Supplies Needed:
-Scissors
-Wire cutters (optional)
-Four to five bushes of greenery (I got mine at the Dollar Tree...holla!)
-Heart wreath form
-Ribbon
-Wire




Start out by taking the individual stems of greenery off the bush. This is where wire cutters may be handy. But I'm a glutton for punishment and use the bendy-twisty-handy method. Yes, that's the scientific term.




Next, begin grouping three or four stems together and wiring around the form. You'll do this step until your wreath is full. I filled in a few bare spots afterward with leftover stems.



And naturally, Dart had to come lay on my workspace in the middle of the project. You can omit this step. Or not, if you have a curious cat.



Finally, attach your ribbon. I used a piece of wire. Now you can hang your beautiful Valentine's Day wreath, crack open some wine and turn on the Barry White. Or you can do what I did--make a coffee, relax in your pajama pants and admire your handiwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment