Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Slopes and Snowboards

There's something about being surrounded by snow and friends, a chill in the air and a snowboard strapped to your feet.

Last weekend my brother Kevin and his girlfriend, Kelsey, Scott and myself took to the slopes of Crescent, Iowa. Crescent is about 15 minutes from our house and Scott works as a snowboarding instructor there on the weekends and some evenings.

They had a big customer appreciation night and stayed open until 1 a.m. We didn't last that long, but we had a great time. I wasn't sure how the night was going to go, as it started a little rough for me. I forgot that since the last time I'd boarded I had put on a few pounds. Um, yep, my pants wouldn't button! I was half laughing, half mortified. Thank the Lord, a belt saved the day. Not to mention Kelsey had to help me up a few times.





We warmed up by the fire pits outside and sipped on some coffees. Night boarding was fun and I loved that Crescent is out in the country, so you could really see the stars. It reminded me of being back home.









Kevin and Kelsey!





Several of us came away with a few bumps and bruises, which is pretty normal. After we left, we made a Target run for some beverages and snacks. And after a few hours of snowboarding, the inhalation of said snacks wasn't a pretty sight.

"Give a man a snowboard...you have distracted him for a day.
Teach a man to snowboard...you will never get him to work again."

No comments:

Post a Comment