This accent chair was passed down to me from my mother. And please note that the "before" photo below shows the chair after we stripped the fabric from it. If I'm remembering correct, it had a victorian-esque print.
When we got married and I re-decorated our town-home master bedroom, it seemed like the perfect time to give my beloved old chair an update.
My husband removed its fabric, saving the old fabric as a guide for the amount (and size) of new upholstery fabric we'd need. He then sanded and re-stained the arms and legs to match our current furniture set.
Next, it was all upholstery tack and staple gun magic...adding the fresh, new fabric. I couldn't have been happier with how it turned out and I'm happy to report it still looks as good as it did the day we finished the project.
These photos were taken in our town-home, before moving.