Monday, March 24, 2014

My Pregnancy: 34 Weeks

How Far Along:  34 weeks
Weight Gain/Loss:  +20 pounds
Sleep:  Sleep is getting a bit uncomfortable. Last night I tried to sit up to get myself out of bed and fell backward and hit my head on the headboard. Fail.
Best Moment This Week:  Taking maternity photos and going out for Mexican food afterward with my husband.
Movement: Little man is kicking up a storm!
Food Cravings/Aversions: No significant cravings or aversions lately.
What I Miss: Being able to bend over and pick things up off the floor.
Stretch Marks:  Finally had my first stretch marks appear. I'd been doing everything recommended and yet, here they are, on the bottom of my tummy. From what I understand, the concept of putting lotion/oil on to avoid them is actually not necessarily correct. I've done some research and it appears that you're either going to get them or not. Dang. 
Belly Button:  It's still there! 
Wedding Rings:  Dealing with a bit of swelling, so they're off right now. I'm wearing a white sapphire Scott gave me as a gift.
Mood: Getting a bit anxious to get everything prepared for baby's arrival!
Labor Signs:  None yet.
Milestones:   This week marks our sixth (and last) Hypnobabies childbirth class. It's gone by so fast!
Upcoming Appointments/Events: I have an appointment on Wednesday. We also have our last Hypnobabies class on Wednesday and a newborn care class on Thursday. And Friday we're visiting daycares.
What I look forward to: The weekend. 
Weekly Wisdom:  I'm trying to accept my body, stretch marks and all. After all, they are little reminders of the amazing job I'm doing right now--carrying our baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment