Thursday, January 3, 2013

Resolve


Resolve

Part of Speech: noun

Definition: decision, determination

Synonyms: boldness, conclusion, courage, decidedness, design, earnestness, firmness, fixed purpose, intention, objective, project, purpose, purposefulness, purposiveness, resoluteness, resolution, steadfastness, undertaking, will, willpower.

With the arrival of 2013--the New Year--it's pretty common to hear the word resolve being used as a verb. "I resolve to lose ten pounds" or "I resolve to stop biting my fingernails." 

This year I desperately need resolve...the noun.

It's my 29th year on this beautiful, crazy, confusing, amazing planet and in my heart is a need for resolve--courage and boldness to live my life with purpose.

I'm ready to make changes necessary to get where I want to be. How do I know where I'm going? My method isn't scientific. It's a combination of prayer, support from my friends and family and following what's in my heart.

So this year, 2013, I resolve to find resolve in my life. 

And because I love lists and creating goals, here is my top ten list for 2013:

1. Determine my true calling and go for it! (Vague, but I'll provide more details later)
2. Give back to my community.
3. Read more. (Not US Weekly)
4. Be a better wife (Although I know my husband would say I'm already perfect. HA!)
5. Grow my relationship with God.
6. Get back to my fighting weight.
7. BLOG! (Enough said)
8. Find a hobby.
9. Be more organized.
10. Grow our family! I'm sure my mom will be doing cartwheels when she reads this and I know it's very personal, but it is no secret that Scott and I want kids and perhaps 2013 will be the year we start our journey toward parenthood. And no, this is not a hint, etc. For the record, I just drank a big glass of red.

Did you make any resolutions this year? Perhaps you're anti-resolution and that's just dandy. For me, a new year is always a time to take a look at my life and what I can do to improve it. I love the freshness of it all. Whatever your thoughts and goals, I sincerely wish you an amazing 2013 filled with love, laughter and (hopefully) resolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment