Monday, September 3, 2012

Birthday | Labor Day

Friday I grew another year older. My husband started my day by having me open gifts. (Not a bad way to start the last day of the work week!) Seriously, he is the best gift-giver. I never have to worry about unwrapping a power tool or piece of exercise equipment. He gave me some Russian nesting doll measuring cups; adorable mustache chip clips; a Forever 21 gift card; a set of Hello Kitty makeup brushes; and a set of Sephora + Pantone Universe makeup brushes.

While I was working away at the office on Friday, he came to visit with Jones Bros. cupcakes and an Americano in-hand! It was such a nice surprise to have him at work.

I also felt so blessed (literally) because after Mass on Friday, the priest gave me a special birthday blessing. It really gave me a sense of peace and I truly don't think there is a better gift on this earth than the blessings we receive from God.

Friday night we went to Kobe steakhouse with our friends Ryan and Mel. At Kobe, a Japanese steakhouse, they cook your food right on the table. It was delicious and entertaining. Afterward, Scott and I strolled around the Old Market, a very cool, eclectic area of our city. We finished the night with ice cream from our favorite shop.



Saturday we headed to my parents' house for my hometown's big Fall Festival/Labor Day weekend. We were able to catch the annual variety musical show at the high school Saturday night and it was nice to see some old, familiar faces.

Sunday my brother and his friend, Kendra along with my sister and her boyfriend Luke, took the family dog to the river for some shenanigans.

IMG_2210

IMG_2202

IMG_2274

IMG_2264

IMG_2241

We ended the day with supper at my grandparents' house.

This morning--Labor Day--our town has a huge parade. I love it. All the businesses take it so seriously and I've yet to attend a parade with floats that rival ours'. I was also thrilled that two of my girlfriends were able to bring their little girls and sit with us.

IMG_2312

IMG_2310

IMG_2302 

My sister and her boyfriend, Luke, were characters on a local business's float. She was dressed as a trapeze artist and he as a ringmaster. The float had a circus theme and was adorable. After the parade we had lunch with the family and then Scott and I headed home.

The weekend was great. It was so nice to see my family, which was the best gift I could have asked for.

I hope you had a great Labor Day weekend and wish you a great (short!) work week.


May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13 

No comments:

Post a Comment