Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Is Your Nose Running?

"Yes."

"Well, you'd better go catch it!"

Okay that was a terribly dry joke. One I believe my father--the king of dry jokes--told me once (or twice).

I'm sick. I guess that's what you get when you complain about not having a winter. You get the bad, winter sicky stuff. Known by its common name, the cold.

I worked half-day and couldn't take it any longer. Stuffy nose and runny at the same time (WTH?); itchy throat; itchy eyes; itchy nose; sneezing; headache; etc. My darling husband brought me a big Sprite on his way home from work and I had some chicken noodle soup followed by a hot bath with eucalyptus oil. Per my mom's advice, I took some Alka-Seltzer Plus, too.

I have loads and loads to do at work, so I'm hoping to be rested and on the road to recovery soon.

What home remedies (or other) do you swear by for treating a cold?

No comments:

Post a Comment