Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Weigh-in Wednesday

It's Weigh-in Wednesday! As alluded to in my post last week, I'm going to make an effort to check in regarding health, fitness and weight loss each Wednesday.

If I had to grade my efforts this past week, I'd give myself a "B" for the most part. There may have been a "D" moment or two (hello, fun-sized M&Ms).

Here's what I tried to keep in mind this week:
  • Every day is a new day--a fresh start. Just because you veer off course, don't use it as an excuse to throw in the towel. You'll just be that much further behind when you decide to stick to you plan again.
  • Planning meals. I tried harder this week to plan my meals (breakfast, snacks and lunch) the night before work. I typically plan our suppers a week or so in advance, but really slack in the work-food department.
  • Moderation is key. We went to a football party on Saturday night and I opted for one bowl of chili and a light beer. Not to say that I didn't have a shameful moment on the ride home with a plate of monster cookies in my lap. Hey, I said I stepped things up. No one said I was perfect.
  • Exercise more. Since last Wednesday, I've been to the gym twice. And guess what? That's two more times than the week before.
Here's what I plan to work on this week:
  • Keeping a food journal. Making better use of the food journal program on my Blackberry for keeping track of my meals and calories.
  • Drink more water. Enough said.
  • Go to the gym at least three times.
  • Be more conscious of mindless or stress eating.
I am officially down one pound from last week!

I had to share this (courtesy of one of my favorite sites, someecards.com). It pretty much sums up how I think many of us feel about fitness. And if you can't find a bit of humor in your struggles and challenges, well...find some. We're all human, we all struggle, we all need laughter.


















I'll plan another Weigh-in Wednesday post for next week. In the meantime, I'm wishing you a healthy, happy Hump Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment