Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ruby Tuesday

Much like the title of the Rolling Stones song, it's turned out to be a gem of a day.

But, it didn't start that way.

We were up at 4 a.m. for Scott's weekly trip to the office (he works from home about three hours away from the main office and travels there once a week). I always get up when he gets up, because if I try to go back to sleep when he leaves, I usually end up feeling like I was hit by a garbage truck when the alarm goes off at 6 a.m. I really felt like I couldn't get it together this morning!

Next it was off to work, which was relatively uneventful (and that's okay). Over my lunch hour I ran some errands which included going to the bookstore where I picked up Dave Ramsey's Financial Freedom on audiobook for our next road trip; then a quick trip to Target and Petco for cat food. Yes, I did this all in about an hour. Fortunately, all these stores are next to each other.

Upon arriving home, I completely zonked. Poor Scott came home to no supper. But, he's versatile. He survived.

At about 8 p.m., we made espressos (yes, I know caffeine this late isn't great for you, but it's our bad habit). And then my crazy switch got flipped. I spent the next three hours cleaning house like a mad woman. Perhaps caffeine-related? Perhaps a second wind? Regardless, the house looks great and I'm beat. Good night, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment