Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Life Lately

My life lately. Lately it seems I spend most of my time at my job, working on projects at home, going to Lowe's and Home Depot, eating and sleeping. That isn't a complaint, simply an observation. Though, I would like to see that list of activities dotted with a few more date nights and down time.

Last weekend, we did have a date night. We went to see Circque Du Soleil's Dralion. Scott's best friend and his darling girlfriend invited us. It was incredible and I still feel perplexed by some of the physical feats of strenght and agility that were displayed. In other words: how in the world do they do that!? I had always wanted to go to a Cirque show, so I can now cross that off my list. Afterward, Scott and I headed downtown to Roja, a trendy Tex-Mex restaurant for dinner and Margaritas. We had a great time talking and laughing. Good for the soul, good for the marriage.

As for our laundry room/new closet remodeling project, we're almost done. Hallelujah! I've felt like the banter between Scott and I the past three months has been like the scenes from The Agony and the Ecstasy (one of my favorite movies) in which the Pope is frustrated with how long it's taking Michelangelo to finish his work on the Sistine Chapel.

Pope Julius II (Me): When will you make an end?
Michelangelo (Scott): When I am finished!


Tonight I'm going to play sand volleyball with a team from work. It's in the 50s here, so it isn't exactly sand volleyball weather. I plan to pull out an old sweatshirt and yoga pants for the chilly occasion.

Easter is one of my favorite celebrations of the year--filled with so much meaning. I always feel more renewed in my faith after Easter and it's a good time for reflection. Friday we'll leave to spend the weekend with Scott's parents. They live about four to five hours away. On Easter Sunday, my side of the family is holding a get-together in the same town. I am so happy we'll be able to see both our families on the holiday.

Well, that's all folks. Add in a few trips to Home Depot and Starbucks runs and that pretty much sums up my life lately. And, of course, I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment