Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Busy as a Bee

I don't think about bees too often, but lately I've sure felt like one. Buzzing around, working, sometimes appearing to be buzzing around without a purpose. Yep, that's me.

And if irritated, you better believe I'll sting. Okay, maybe not, but my husband did accuse me of being bossy yesterday. I'm Queen Bee, what does he expect? (I kid.)

We had an amazing Easter weekend. One of my favorite holidays, Easter reminds me of what I have to be thankful for and the incredible sacrifice that was made for us on the Cross. The promise of new life coupled with the change of seasons here in the Midwest makes this a time of renewal for my soul. I just love it.

We spent the weekend in my husband's home town. We had an amazing supper with his parents on Saturday evening. His mother made turkey, cheesy potatoes, croissants, asparagus, my favorite cranberry salad and a Butterfinger dessert. It was amazing.

We went to sunrise services at Scott's family's church on Sunday morning, which was followed by an Easter breakfast hosted by their youth group.

My aunt and uncle as well as my cousin, Katie, also happen to live in the same town as Scott's folks. This year, they hosted my family's Easter. We were so blessed to be able to have both celebrations during the same weekend, in the same town. My aunt prepared ham, turkey, potatoes and (in our large family's style) everyone brought a side or dessert. I'm pretty sure there were at least eight to ten sides and I didn't even make it to the dessert room (yes, I said room!). It was fantastic. My aunt was a great hostess and we shared tons of laughter and stories over wine and coffee. All the younger family members enjoyed an Easter egg hunt after dinner.

My parents stayed home this year for Easter and hosted my brother and sister. While I really missed them, they've been on the go quite a bit and I think they really enjoyed the quiet day at home.

Yesterday Scott and I both took vacation days from our jobs. It was incredibly relaxing. I got up early and spent the morning doing a little shopping. Then, I came home and helped Scott clean and organize our basement. As you know, we've been renovating our laundry room and it seemed like everything down there was coated with drywall dust. The laundry room is almost done and we're hoping to hang cabinets this weekend.

We finished off the day with a homemade supper, some television and laughter. I couldn't have asked for a better day off.

Back to the busy bee thing.

I have so many projects here at the house that I'm itching to finish. Most of them are small, some larger. And many of them involve spray paint.

"Hello, my name is Kelly and I'm a spray paint addict." (The kind who paints things, of course)

There's also a vintage radio/record player console in our garage that I need to paint. It's going in our basement as a console table.

I could keep going, but that's what my to-do list is for.

So here's to being busy...but happily so.

No comments:

Post a Comment