Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Little Patience


Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. - Romans 12:12

Do you ever feel as if your patience is being tested?

Last night, I was trying to organize dresser drawers and Dart kept climbing in and laying down. He looked so darn cute with his big, yellow eyes staring up at me. It was nearly impossible to get angry. However, it was getting late and I really wanted to finish. Being the strict disciplinarian, I (of course) let him lay there until he became bored of his little game.


Today I had a doctor's appointment at 11 a.m. I left work at 10:30 to make the 30+ block trek, as I wanted to arrive early enough to finalize paperwork and insurance. By 11 a.m. I was waiting. At 11:15, a nurse came out and said there was an emergency and the doctor was cancelling all appointments. Darn.

I had waited two weeks for this appointment and then was told that it would be two weeks before the next available appointment. As I drove back to the office, I called Scott and vented about wasting an hour of my day.

Suddenly it occurred to me that I could use this irritating experience as a lesson learned. A lesson in patience and control. I had no control over today's situation and quite frankly, that bothered me. Why? Because I'm human and it's natural to want to be in control.

So, I reminded myself that I need to just sit back, relax and be a passenger while someone else drives. That someone? Him.



Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand. -Proverbs 19:21

No comments:

Post a Comment