Here's a "before" picture of our master bathroom:
And here's the poor thing all gutted out. She's a beauty, isn't she?
Our progress has been pretty good so far:
- New drywall--installed by Scott--almost done.
- Recessed lighting, installed by electrician--done.
- New plumbing, done by plumber--done.
Here's what we have left:
- Contractor and crew to tile shower and floor.
- Order shower door.
- Install toilet, vanity, shower hooks, etc. (We're doing this ourselves)
- Pick out and purchase a mirror.
- Select wall color.
- Paint walls (Us, again)
- Framing out the new door. (Contracted work)
I'm sure I'm leaving out some important checklist items, but I have to be honest--my husband is doing most of the hard work on this. I've just been giving my input on colors and selecting the items to put in the space.
The above "inspiration board" is a grouping of items we've purchased for the master bathroom. We really wanted the space to have a sleek, modern vibe.
One thing that isn't on my board is our toilet. My husband is embarrassingly in love with it, as it was his purchase. So, in his honor, I'll include it's photo as well.
I'll continue to post photos and updates of the remodeling progress. Our goal is to have it completed by the end of June. But, as most remodeling projects go, it could be sometime in July. I don't think we can wait any longer than that to
use our new toilet use our new bathroom.