Tuesday, December 20, 2011

White elephants in the room

Today was my company's annual Christmas lunch. It's held at a local country club and we're served a nice meal, Christmas music plays, people laugh and of course, exchange gifts.

We start with a "normal" gift exchange with unisex gifts like gift cards, bottles of wine, etc. When we're through, everyone participates in a "White Elephant" exchange. The things people bring never cease to amaze me. I ended up going home with two Star Wars coffee table books. The husband was pretty happy about them.

Afterward, two other PR girls and myself jetted quickly to Starbucks for some afternoon fuel. I ordered an Americano and it was perfection!

On Tuesdays, Scott, who works from home, commutes to his company's physical office, which means getting up at 4 a.m. I could sleep in, but come on, it's so hard to get up and motivated when you have a person still sleeping soundly in bed. I really feel for him. So, I get up when he gets up. It actually allows me to get a few things checked off my to-do list before I even head out the door. The commute also means he gets home late.

Tonight I made a homemade Bolognese sauce with spinach fettuccini. I'll post the recipe for the sauce on Simple. Chic. Savory soon. It was phenomenal!

My bed is calling my name, now, so I'm signing off. Tomorrow is Wednesday--mid-week!

No comments:

Post a Comment