Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Laundry Room Demolition

I wanted to share a few photos of our laundry room as it was being gutted. This is the first major project we've done in our house thus far, so seeing walls come down and stuff flying around was a bit unsettling to me.

My brother came for the weekend to help. With the promise of a few cold beverages and hot food, he obliged. We were glad to have his help and he left with only a minor head wound. (More closely resembling a nick from a flying nail.)















This is the space that will soon be a storage closet.




















I know--dis.gust.ing. This is what we discovered upon tearing out the drywall and insulation. Apparently the dryer vent had a crack in it and was blowing lint into the walls. When we pieced the lint together it made a nice sweater from the late-seventies, when our home was built. (Kidding!)



















The guys "demolishing" things.




















This picture makes me much happier (and calmer). This is the insulation and drywall being put up.

The basement project is moving forward. We've run into a few snags, but I think that's to be expected. I'll post another update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment