Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mini Meals

I've always possessed a big appetite. I've never been one to leave uneaten food on my plate or eat a few bites of something, saving the rest for later. As I get older, my big appetite has posed a big problem--issues with portion control and weight gain.

Something that's really seemed to help is eating more frequently--mini meals, if you will. I eat about five to six times each day, starting with breakfast, a mid-morning snack, lunch, a mid-afternoon snack and finally, supper. Sometimes I'll sneak in a low-calorie snack before supper, so I'm not tempted to graze while I cook.

I like to keep my mini-meals (snacks) light and satisfying. No cardboard-tasting food for this hungry, Midwestern girl.















In order to prevent a re-creation of the famous Godzilla scene at my office and home, these are some of my go-to foods:
  • Mini bags of light popcorn
  • Single-serve bags of pretzels
  • Cheese sticks
  • Yogurt
  • Apples with peanut butter
  • Hummus and veggies
  • Oranges
  • Oatmeal
  • Celery with peanut butter
  • Carrot sticks
  • Berries
  • Almonds
  • Grapes
  • Mini whole wheat bagels
  • Cottage cheese
  • Serving of dry cereal (such as Special K)

No comments:

Post a Comment